Asphyre 4.1 is the first step towards the shader approach in 3D since the initial fixed-function capabilities in Asphyre eXtreme. It provides the most comprehensive 2D support with hardware acceleration and includes core components for developing modern 3D games using shader technology.
This version is also the first to introduce snapshot scheme in Asphyre releases. Each published snapshot of Asphyre is considered a stable up to the moment; beta and experimental versions are marked as such, although rarely used.
- Advanced 2D and 3D graphics
- Skinnable GUI with polygon-shaped controls
- High-definition timer
- Input controls for Keyboard, Mouse and Multiple Joysticks
- Integration with Physics Engine, Newton Game Dynamics
- Robust Shader Framework
- Bump-mapping with Specular Reflections
- Cool-Torrance per-pixel illumination
- Image Projection and Shadow Mapping
- Flexible Sprite Engine and Particle Editor
Latest Snapshot (30-Mar-2007)
- Full Package (7z) (4.64 MiB)
This package contains latest Asphyre 4.1 source code, examples, HSL shaders and tools.
The above files were developed by members of our community to provide easy way of creating 2D video games.
These files are needed to include beautiful particle effects in your Asphyre 4.1 projects. XParticles has been developed by a respected member of our community member, 2morrowman. The packages were originally posted here.
You can browse many other additions made by our community members at this location.