Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Asphyre Framework > Development
Development Discuss anything related to developing applications using Asphyre framework series.

(#21) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

26-Oct-2011, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmelihkara View Post
May be embarcadero will contact with you to offer you a job on developing next cross-platform framework (like they hired eugene from ksdev).
Asphyre is and will be free, so I don't think so. Besides, I personally am more into research and don't like working for mainstream companies directly.

Quote:
Also firemonkey(a.k.a. vgscene + dxscene) can not be compared to asphyre cause firemonkey has many many bugs also slow on most of the tasks. Also it's not designed to build games, especially for business aplications... ( I'm using vgscene in some of my business apps also try porting one of my games to FM in DXE2 without success, even I can not render my images in correct order :-) and they are too glitchy when I run, I quit porting after writing some lines of codes)
Indeed, FireMonkey has yet to mature as even in Update 1 there are still some issues. Asphyre, on the other hand, is pretty mature and is quite platform independent. You only have to make a "provider", which handles some specific tasks and the rest of framework works transparently. This is why it was so easy to port it to iOS and you can keep using things like asphyre archives, encryption, fonts and so on.

Quote:
But why can't Asphyre does it in the near future, nice looking business apps?
All we need is really working great GUI system.
And that's why I'm so excited about new version that we'r waiting.
Yes, Asphyre's GUI is still somewhat limited and it's out of the scope of the framework to provide a GUI as extended as VCL, for instance. However, if someone decides to work on this, it will be great.

Quote:
PS: Did you ever try it on iPhone? The idea behind ios is the same but...
No, my partner is currently getting iPhone 4 so we'll test it when he gets it. However, we did test the applications on iPod Touch 3G, as I said above. The resolution and direction (that is, rotating the device) is handled automatically, you only need to handle form's resize event to update your own structures and take into account that resolution may change at any time, so you draw things accordingly.
  (#22) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

28-Oct-2011, 06:18

Just a small update: 34 essential units have been documented, 7 will not be documented because are used internally, 21 units will be documented later (after the incoming release) mostly related to 3D stuff and 12 units still left to document. The remaining units are pretty large with the largest being AsphyreImages, AsphyreFonts and AsphyreEvents.

Other than that, 75 provider-specific units will be documented eventually after this release; they have mostly internal structures so they are not so relevant.

Therefore, the release date is pushed to the next week; the delay was caused by the inclusion of iOS provider for iPad/iPhone/iPod. In addition, we'll be moving to a different server and probably a different forum software.

Meanwhile, here are two more screenshots of my iPad 2 running BasicGUI and Plasma examples from Asphyre:

The first image illustrates usage of AsphyreGUI, the second one illustrates dynamic textures, both running on iOS. I hope this was worth the delay.
  (#23) Old
Professional
hmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of light

28-Oct-2011, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepower View Post
Therefore, the release date is pushed to the next week;
I hope this was worth the delay.
Yes we all hope so, and soo excited for new version. Too sticked to the thread, 1 week delay is nothing ;-)

There are 10 types of people in the world: who knows to code in binary and who doesn't!
  (#24) Old
Visitor
Cestari is on a distinguished road

31-Oct-2011, 05:07

Waiting for this release

Lifepower, can you rename DXCommon in this release?
There is a unit in DevExpress components with this name, which ends up causing conflicts :/
  (#25) Old
Developer

31-Oct-2011, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cestari View Post
Lifepower, can you rename DXCommon in this release?
There is a unit in DevExpress components with this name, which ends up causing conflicts :/
In the incoming release this unit is no longer distributed; for DX7-DX9 providers Asphyre uses the units provided in Delphi XE 2.
  (#26) Old
Developer

03-Nov-2011, 21:51

Currently I'm in the process of assembling new Asphyre release and preparing it to be published. It will most likely appear in the incoming days, meanwhile we're moving to another forum system and new server.
  (#27) Old
Professional
hmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of lighthmelihkara is a glorious beacon of light

04-Nov-2011, 02:04

Good news :-)
By the way, does new forum system means = old threads lost? Is there any option to import from vBulletin database, etc?
May be, can be good: a fresh start from a clean forum, sounds nice.

There are 10 types of people in the world: who knows to code in binary and who doesn't!
  (#28) Old
Developer

04-Nov-2011, 02:37

Quote:
By the way, does new forum system means = old threads lost? Is there any option to import from vBulletin database, etc?
Yes, actually new forums are ready at afterwarp.net, but officially this will be announced tomorrow with the new release

Yes, converting old threads is possible but we decided not to pursue it because the incoming release is the first to be on multiple platforms while all previous releases were for 32-bit Windows only.
  (#29) Old
Professional

04-Nov-2011, 22:51

Yea, now I register with a new nickname @ new forum. Also waiting for new release...