Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Software/Game Development > Announcements
Announcements The discussion about news and announcements posted on our front page.

(#11) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

29-May-2008, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
Is not this version Lazarus Compatible? I did try to compile BasicLazarus with this version and did get a lot of errors!
No, this version is not compatible with Lazarus yet. I'll have to check how Lazarus handles unicode and it's possible that DirectX 9 will not work with it.

In any case, I'll work on Lazarus port as soon as OpenGL provider is ready.
  (#12) Old
Honoured
wagenheimer is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to wagenheimer Send a message via MSN to wagenheimer Send a message via Skype™ to wagenheimer
31-May-2008, 00:31

Very nice to know, can´t wait to see lifepower!

Is it possible to load a JPG to a AsphyreImage from ASDB? How can i do this?
  (#13) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

31-May-2008, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
Is it possible to load a JPG to a AsphyreImage from ASDB? How can i do this?
Not directly. Why do you want to do this?

Also, I've found few bugs as suggested by DraculaLin and Huasoft, mainly related to rendering a lot of characters with FontTool (Windows DIB handles are exhausted) and when using custom pixel formats. The second has already been fixed - the first will require more time. I'll post an update soon.
  (#14) Old
Privileged
DraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond repute

01-Jun-2008, 22:40

I like (DX8)DX8Providers,does it possible to add this?
That will be perfect for Asphyre5.
  (#15) Old
Developer

02-Jun-2008, 05:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaLin View Post
I like (DX8)DX8Providers,does it possible to add this?
That will be perfect for Asphyre5.
This is possible and in fact I've already tried this.

However, what is the purpose of using DX8 provider? It will not run on machines without DX8 installed, and wherever DX8 can run, DX9 can as well. If not, DX7 provider comes as a replacement.
  (#16) Old
Privileged
DraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond repute

02-Jun-2008, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepower View Post
However, what is the purpose of using DX8 provider? It will not run on machines without DX8 installed, and wherever DX8 can run, DX9 can as well. If not, DX7 provider comes as a replacement.
Let's compatible with some old machine,video card.But still having hardware acceleration function.
When in DX7,the performance is not that good(very low FPS) and need take a very long time to load texture,images.
  (#17) Old
Developer

02-Jun-2008, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaLin View Post
When in DX7,the performance is not that good(very low FPS) and need take a very long time to load texture,images.
The loading time is slower when you enable Mipmapping (it's done manually).

Can you please give an example of lower FPS in DX7? When testing DX7 vs DX9 provider I always notice DX9 wrapper being slower somehow.
  (#18) Old
Privileged

02-Jun-2008, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepower View Post
The loading time is slower when you enable Mipmapping (it's done manually).
Not test Mipmapping,It's right.But only happen in DX7.
In DX9 the loading time is the same.

Quote:
Can you please give an example of lower FPS in DX7? When testing DX7 vs DX9 provider I always notice DX9 wrapper being slower somehow.
Just open sprite engine's 'Basic' or 'RPG Map' example.You'll see a very different FPS between DX7 and DX9.
  (#19) Old
Honoured
lordzero is on a distinguished road

02-Jun-2008, 19:51

DX9 have more performance than DX7 here...

Knowledge is power.
  (#20) Old
Dedicated
krapotkin is on a distinguished road

08-Jun-2008, 09:54

I didn't found SysFonts in new release.
Removed?
The same question for Canvas.LineWidth

The 3rd question is
RTarget example. When i change size of renderTarget to
Quote:
chainIndex:= GameTargets.Add(1, Panel1.width+1, Panel1.height+1, apf_A8R8G8B8);
There are no errors - r.target created, but nothing paints - neither text nor image.
What's wrong?

Last edited by krapotkin; 09-Jun-2008 at 08:37.