Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Software/Game Development > Announcements
Announcements The discussion about news and announcements posted on our front page.

(#1) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

Post Asphyre 5 release (22-Sep-2008) - 26-May-2008, 19:21

This is a new release of Asphyre, which includes the best of Asphyre eXtreme, Casual and 4.1.

The release uses a provider system, so DirectX 7 and/or DirectX 9 wrapper can be used (in addition to OpenGL wrapper that I've posted a while back - it needs to be ported though).

No external DLLs are needed for the projects, unless you use shaders and 3D (which explicitly requires DX 9 provider).

Most Asphyre Casual projects can be compiled with Asphyre 5 without modifications.

The release features full 2D features with compatibility to older machines (DX7), full 3D features (shaders, bump mapping, shadow mapping, advanced illumination, etc.) and UDP networking.

The front page will be modified later on with an official page for Asphyre 5.

Download:
Asphyre5-2008-09-22.rar
Asphyre5-2008-09-22.7z
  (#2) Old
Reputable
huasoft is on a distinguished road

27-May-2008, 04:46

Great! thanks

Program,I like to,I live on! http://www.huosoft.com

Last edited by huasoft; 27-May-2008 at 04:55.
  (#3) Old
Dedicated
xunmeng is on a distinguished road

27-May-2008, 05:59

AsphyreMetaImages.pas not found!!!
  (#4) Old
Honoured
lordzero is on a distinguished road

27-May-2008, 14:34

thanks man!!! i will take a look!

Knowledge is power.
  (#5) Old
Privileged
DraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond repute

27-May-2008, 15:53

Great!

Just make some test,the AddFromFile() function seems to only work with 32-bit pic format??
I try 8-bit(256 color) or 24-bit pic format but doesn't work....
  (#6) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

27-May-2008, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunmeng View Post
AsphyreMetaImages.pas not found!!!
In "Basic" example? Just remove it from "uses". I'm still working on this functionality.

Quote:
Just make some test,the AddFromFile() function seems to only work with 32-bit pic format??
I try 8-bit(256 color) or 24-bit pic format but doesn't work....
What kind of format? I've tested 24-bit and 32-bit BMPs/PNGs/JPGs and they worked without problems.
  (#7) Old
Privileged
DraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond reputeDraculaLin has a reputation beyond repute

27-May-2008, 21:04

I'm use DX9Providers.it's a 8-bit png image.
and write AddFromfileEx('back.png','',apf_A4R4G4B4), but don't show anything.
apf_R5G6B5 work fine with any king of image format.

also,i've tested apf_R8G8B8 and 32-bit png(alpha channel) image,it's work.But this is very strange.
Since R8G8B8 does not include alpha channel why it show correct when it rendering??
Attached Files
File Type: rar back.rar (292.4 KB, 504 views)
  (#8) Old
Developer

27-May-2008, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaLin View Post
I'm use DX9Providers.it's a 8-bit png image.
and write AddFromfileEx('back.png','',apf_A4R4G4B4), but don't show anything.
apf_R5G6B5 work fine with any king of image format.

also,i've tested apf_R8G8B8 and 32-bit png(alpha channel) image,it's work.But this is very strange.
Since R8G8B8 does not include alpha channel why it show correct when it rendering??
You are using 8-bit image, which has no alpha-channel. In order to display it properly, use formats that has no "A" in them (e.g. R8G8B8, X8R8G8B8, etc.). If you use pixel formats with alpha-channel when loading images without alpha-channel, you need to put manually alpha values in the image (use Pixels property, for instance) or it will appear transparent.
  (#9) Old
Privileged

28-May-2008, 00:29

r3g3b2,x4r4g4b4 a white image
R8G8B8, X8R8G8B8..... does not display anything
  (#10) Old
Honoured
wagenheimer is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to wagenheimer Send a message via MSN to wagenheimer Send a message via Skype™ to wagenheimer
29-May-2008, 14:26

Is not this version Lazarus Compatible? I did try to compile BasicLazarus with this version and did get a lot of errors!