Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Software/Game Development > Announcements
Announcements The discussion about news and announcements posted on our front page.

(#1) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

Asphyre Casual Framework v1.0.5 - 07-Nov-2007, 22:11

A new version of Asphyre Casual Framework has been released. You can read more about it here.
  (#2) Old
Professional
Huerefar is on a distinguished road

12-Nov-2007, 11:54

Do I have to call UseImage every time I want to TexMap something, even with the same settings of UseImage?

This gives me only one good image, and rest is completly white:

Code:
 GameCanvas.UseImagePx(GameImages[imageRoad], pxBounds4(0, 0, 54, 27));
 for x := 0 to 9 do
   for y := 0 to 9 do
     GameCanvas.TexMap(pxBounds4f(50 + 54 * x, 50 + 27 * y, 54, 27), cAlpha4(255));
This works:
Code:
 for x := 0 to 9 do
   for y := 0 to 9 do
     begin
       GameCanvas.UseImagePx(GameImages[imageRoad], pxBounds4(0, 0, 54, 27));
       GameCanvas.TexMap(pxBounds4f(50 + 54 * x, 50 + 27 * y, 54, 27), cAlpha4(255));
     end;
Why first code doesn't work properly and is second code good? I've read that switching textures can be time consuming for GPU.
  (#3) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

12-Nov-2007, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huerefar View Post
Do I have to call UseImage every time I want to TexMap something, even with the same settings of UseImage?
Yes, these functions only work in pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huerefar View Post
Why first code doesn't work properly and is second code good? I've read that switching textures can be time consuming for GPU.
This is exactly why those functions work in pairs. The first one tells the canvas which image will be used, the second one draws it on the screen. If the image and drawing effect haven't changed, they are added to cache (and thus, no texture switching occurs).

Asphyre Canvas is essentially a limited state machine, it saves what texture has been used previously and what effects have been used. These states are saved until the cache is reset (end of rendering, cache full, etc.) Temporal states as the currently used image is only saved until the call to TexMap.