Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Software/Game Development > Announcements
Announcements The discussion about news and announcements posted on our front page.

(#1) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

Afterwarp Development - 06-Nov-2007, 21:00

We are proud to announce that the front page of this site has been redesigned. Now we are called Afterwarp Development and will provide news and resources related to game development using Delphi and FPC/Lazarus.

The front page contains links to latest Asphyre packages. The newest Asphyre Casual Framework will also be published there shortly.

If you want your news to appear on the front page, please contact us at any time!

Also, the front page will contain resources related to graphics, sound, etc. These will be populated in the nearest future (again, if you have anything to add - please let us know).

Finally, the front page will contain projects section, which will have any projects made with Delphi and FPC/Lazarus, optionally with their source code.
  (#2) Old
Honoured
The Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud of

07-Nov-2007, 01:44

Hey Yuriy, good news. Lots of it!

How did you get cross-compatibility for ASDb archives? I assume that the problem lay with bitpacking, but I've never worked to write cross-compiler code before. Was it just a setting for bitpacking, or something more complex?

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
-- Albert Einstein

IntelliArchiver 1.00 RC1 is here!
Finished Projects: Just DIE Already!, Asphyre 4 Zip Archive Handler
  (#3) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

07-Nov-2007, 02:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicked Flea View Post
Hey Yuriy, good news. Lots of it!
Thanks! By the way, any comments about new front page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicked Flea View Post
How did you get cross-compatibility for ASDb archives? I assume that the problem lay with bitpacking, but I've never worked to write cross-compiler code before. Was it just a setting for bitpacking, or something more complex?
This belongs to a different thread, but the only problem ASDb had was ZLib. Fortunately, Paszlib from FPC can compress/decompress ZLib streams, so ASDb uses AsphyreZLib with Delphi and Paszlib with FPC/Lazarus.
  (#4) Old
Honoured
The Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud ofThe Wicked Flea has much to be proud of

07-Nov-2007, 03:09

Yeah, the front page is really nice. I've tried Joomla before but I'm never really content with it; what modifications/extensions do you typically use?

I'm slightly surprised that the problem was ZLib itself, but then again it isn't native pascal code in Delphi. Using C compiled objects is always a bit iffy IMO.

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
-- Albert Einstein

IntelliArchiver 1.00 RC1 is here!
Finished Projects: Just DIE Already!, Asphyre 4 Zip Archive Handler
  (#5) Old
Honoured
Huehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud of

07-Nov-2007, 08:14

Don't know where to post it but the fddemo download on the frontpage contains a virus!

Anyway, very nice frontpage, Yuriy!
  (#6) Old
Pegasus_Seiya is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Pegasus_Seiya
07-Nov-2007, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehnerschaender View Post
Don't know where to post it but the fddemo download on the frontpage contains a virus!

Anyway, very nice frontpage, Yuriy!

Hello, Huehnerschaender.

fddemo ( Fast Driver Demo) has no virus. It's a false alarm of MCAfee because the main executable is compressed with Petite.

"

Petite is a Win32 (Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP) executable (EXE/DLL/etc...) compressor. The compressed executables decompress themselves at run time, and can be used just like the original non-compressed versions. Petite also adds virus detection to the compressed executables - they will check themselves for infection every time they are executed.

"

I guess that MCAfee has no support to this feature.

Greets

_-Pegasus_Seiya-_

Last edited by Pegasus_Seiya; 07-Nov-2007 at 10:24.
  (#7) Old
Honoured
Huehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud ofHuehnerschaender has much to be proud of

07-Nov-2007, 11:29

Hi, good to know!

I downloaded it at my Office Laptop, which has McAfee installed as standard (I cannot even configure or remove it due to security restrictions of the company). McAfee claimed fddemo.exe to have a Trojan virus inside and put it into quarantine. I am not allowed to start anything that alerts McAfee or they will punish me with whips and fists

So I cannot take a look at you game... sorry. Perhaps you should not use this packer?

Greetings,
Dirk
  (#8) Old
Honoured
lordzero is on a distinguished road

07-Nov-2007, 14:15

hun, maybe upx can help,

UPX: the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables

UPX homepage: the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables.
http://upx.sourceforge.net

to protect the pe file you can use this:

ACLib

ACLib is a library, which helps you to protect your application from being cracked.

It contains many detection algorithms to detect if your software is being debugged, monitored or traced. ACLib will also provide many powerful functions for detection of breakpoints in your program or in API functions.

http://migeel.sk/programming/aclib/

Knowledge is power.

Last edited by lordzero; 07-Nov-2007 at 14:23.
  (#9) Old
Developer

07-Nov-2007, 14:27

This has gone offtopic, but the mentioned issue just proves my point that compressing executables is a bad practice overall.
  (#10) Old
Honoured
lordzero is on a distinguished road

07-Nov-2007, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepower View Post
This has gone offtopic, but the mentioned issue just proves my point that compressing executables is a bad practice overall.
I believe that you are right, but in some situations hamper the goal of bad intentioned people is not bad.

Knowledge is power.