Afterwarp Development  

Go Back   Afterwarp Development > Software/Game Development > Developer's Lounge
Developer's Lounge Discuss anything that is not covered by any other categories.

(#1) Old
Professional
DExpert is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to DExpert
Cocos2D for Asphyre - 07-Apr-2011, 11:46

Hi, please take a look this 2D framework http://www.cocos2d.org/

I have play a little with that and found it's very good, simple and nice API. They cool features could up your productivity. Think less just play your business logic.

This Python framework also ported to cocos2d for iphone

See they short documentation and tutorial video you will understand what I mean.

Can we have this for Asphyre? Damned I want it!

Last edited by DExpert; 07-Apr-2011 at 11:51.
  (#2) Old
Developer
lifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud oflifepower has much to be proud of

07-Apr-2011, 17:21

From what it seems, it's something between simple 2D API and PowerPoint. I doubt you can use it with Asphyre since Asphyre has providers for DirectX and OpenGL, while the Cocos2D is purely OpenGL.

From a game developer point of view, its features do not seem very useful - perhaps it is suited more for presentations?
  (#3) Old
Professional
DExpert is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to DExpert
08-Apr-2011, 04:16

Hello lifepower, nice heard from you.

Yes agree, from a game developer point of view it might nothing special. But... have you considering that Asphyre user not only a game developer?

Creating interactive application, presentation like, simple game with rich effects should be done using simple API/framework like that, develop with fun. This kind of application don't need interact with complexity of Asphyre API, is it?

Wait, what it's for, what they say? "cocos2d is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive applications". Sounds nice and simple is it?

It's good to have built-in many general purpose and heavy use effects, moving actions, (scene) transition etc. Good for developers with average math just like me

Have you seen they popularity? The iOS version have been used by many developers & have been produce thousands of game and application. Don't you expect another kind of Asphyre user (not only game developer user) to be able to use Asphyre using cocos2d like (maybe) API extension?

Yes I know you and most Asphyre user(s) could perform cocos2d like behavior easily but sadly its not me

What do you think?

Expecting some good news from you

Last edited by DExpert; 08-Apr-2011 at 04:35.